Sponsors

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY SPONSORS
KTM ST LOUIS, FMF RACING, FLY HELMETS, EMIG RACING, DUNLOP TIRES, TOWN & COUNTRY SHEETMETAL, MOOSE RACING, SCOTT USA SIXSIXONE, SUNLINE, TAG, LAVE' RACING, MY WIFE AND KIDS, MOM AND DAD.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Days 1 and 2

The race begins!!!!! Day one starts with beautiful weather, we got some rain sunday night which helped a lot for the special tests. The bad thing about the rain is that it made the transfer sections very difficult. I had somewhat good tests all day but trying to get use to the different bike and suspension. The 350excf is a very good bike, a little slower than my 350sxf I ride at home. In one of my transfer sections I made a stupid mistake, lost track of my time and ended up 2 minutes late to my next check. Very disappointed in myself for that. But it happens and day 2 is a new day. I am sitting 21st in the C2 class after day 1.

Day 2 starts out with more RAIN! We are riding the same track as day 1, transfers and tests. Luckily they re routed us around the worst transfers but there was still plenty of difficult trail left to go. All of murders went very smooth still a little hesitant with myself and the bike. I have never seen sand whoops so big in my life!!! It is hard for me to get my suspension set to work good in the slow gnarly and the fast sand whoops. It's just gas, point and hold on!!! They put us on times schedule B which gave everyone more time at all the checks. I pull into the pits for my 15min work period, I surprised myself being able to change my front and rear tires and bike put in impound with 3 mins to spare. What a day, tomorrow is our shortest day of the week so looking forward to a little break. After day 3 I am 18th in the C2 and 56th overall of all the club teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment